Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Bread Winners Cafe and TX/OU Weekend

This past weekend turned out to be much happier than expected. That's because my Texas Longhorns beat the Oklahoma Sooners in the Red River Rivalry!!!!!!! HOOK 'EM HORNS!




We started the weekend off with Meal of Food Friday at Bread Winners Cafe in Uptown. Bread Winner's has amazing brunch (excellent breakfast tacos), and serves sandwiches, salads, burgers, etc. for lunch and dinner. We celebrated Megan's belated birthday in our finest burnt orange.

Bread Winners Logo
photo credit: breadwinnerscafe.com
We started off with the Margherita flatbread, thinking that it would work as a good appetizer.  When they brought it out, it was clear that this dish is meant for a full meal. But never fear, we had no problem eating it! The dish was fine. I would have preferred more cheese. When in doubt, add more cheese.

Bread Winner's Margherita Flatbread
We were too hungry to wait for picture taking. Pretend that this is a full pizza.

For dinner, I had the California Rollup, which is a wrap sandwich with chicken, bacon, avocado, ranch, cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Pretty much everything I like! I had fries and a Deep Ellum Dallas Blonde with it.

Bread Winners California Rollup
Avocados make life better. So do french fries.

I really enjoyed this meal. We got to sit outside and people watch again, which I love to do when the weather is nice. We also had a great server - friendly and helpful!

I've been to Bread Winners for brunch and for dinner on a couple different occasions, and my opinion is that brunch is better food wise. However, it's also super crowded during brunch on the weekend, so watch out for that! Dinner seems more relaxed, and the food is still very good!

After dinner, we tried out a bar called Kung Fu Saloon, which features vintage video games and a full bar! How fun is that! Ryan and I ducked out once the place got overrun football fans, but I'd like to go back some time.

Celebrating our seventh TX/OU weekend together! Texas Fight!

Happy belated TX/OU to you all!



Bread Winners Bakery & Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment