Thursday, July 10, 2014

Ozona Grill and Bar

A few weeks back we had a birthday MoFF at Ozona Grill and Bar on Greenville Ave. Ozona offers an eclectic mix of tex-mex, burgers, and southern cooking. They also have a great drink selection, especially margaritas. But the best part is the huge patio! I've been to Ozona a couple of times, and I very much prefer to sit outside, even if it's hot. Most of the patio is covered with awnings or huge trees, so there is plenty of shade. Check out their website for pictures!
Ozona Grill and Bar logo
I started out with a skinny margarita. It was really good! I do have to warn you - Ozona's drinks are pretty serious. They are large and strong! Take your time when drinking these.

Ozona Skinny Margarita
Just look at the size of that glass!
For dinner, I had the chicken quesadillas from the appetizer menu. I had eaten about 1000 chips by the time we ordered, so I went for a small portion. These quesadillas are pretty much your standard fare - except that they have BACON in them. It's really true, bacon makes everything better!

Ozona Chicken Quesadilla
I always get my pico de gallo on the side, but that is just my preference!
We have gone back to Ozona a few times because the food is good, the drinks are really good, and the patio is GREAT! Awesome place for a leisurely dinner or happy hour. I hear that brunch is good too, but I haven't tried it myself.

After dinner, we ventured out to the Quarter Bar in uptown. Quarter Bar is actually attached the Breadwinners Cafe. It's rare for Ryan and I to go bar hopping like we used to do in college, but it's fun once in a while! Some of the uptown bars are a little too pretentious for me. The whole "Dallas $30,000 millionaire scene" doesn't work for me and I hate that our of towners think that everyone who lives in DFW lives like that. The Quarter Bar is a little more relaxed, and I've had fun every time. It helped that we got their early and got to sit on the patio for a bit before it got too crowded!

Ozona Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment