Monday, March 25, 2013

Cozymel's

Cozymel's is a chain of Mexican restaurants in DFW (we went to the Grapevine location). We went for one simple reason. It was Kinsey's birthday and she wanted to try the margarita sampler!

Cozymel's magarita flight
Happy Birthday Kinsey!
Since it was her birthday MoFF, Kinsey got to make the choice on the restaurant. Her margarita sampler was the highlight. As you can see, it was five varieties of margaritas served on a block made to look like a ancient ruin. Fancy right? I had the skinny margarita myself, and it was pretty tasty. I can't say that about the rest of the meal.
Cozymel's margarita


I knew Cozymel's was going to be a different experience from our usual Friday night spots when the waiter asked how many kids menus we needed. I guess that dinner in the suburbs for you! We started out with chips and queso. I am not a good cook, but I have to say, my homemade queso was better then Cozymel's. I ordered the grilled portobello mushroom fajitas as it's still lent (only a couple more weeks!) They were not good. The mushrooms had a really odd flavor, and I was not into it. I stuck with my rice, guacamole, sour cream and cheese.
Cozymel's portobello fajitas
Luckily, they were generous with the rice!
The food was not great. The service was terrible. Our waitress was clearly having a bad day or hated her job or something. We pretty much had to beg for chip and water refills and she looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for rice instead of beans with my fajitas. She was generally unpleasant throughout the meal.

I would not go back here. There are too many good Mexican restaurants around to waste time at a bad one! But as always, we made the best of things and had fun!

Cozymel's Mexican Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment