Friday, November 15, 2013

Howard Wang's China Grill

My crazy life has really gotten in the way of blogging! I'm so behind on posts, but I am trying to catch back up before the holidays start!

Last week, we tried Howard Wang's China Grill in the Preston Hollow area of Dallas. It's a cute little place, hidden in a shopping center. It's a pretty small restaurant, but we had a small group this week, so getting a table wasn't an issue. They have a huge menu with a variety of Chinese dishes and other Asian cuisine.

I'm a rather picky eater. I realize that this sounds funny from someone who writes a blog about trying new restaurants, but the truth is that I'm not very adventurous when it comes to trying new dishes. I don't care for fish or for spicy food, so Asian food tends to be tricky for me. Plus because of my diabetes, I'm sometimes wary of trying things that I'm unfamiliar with, as I'm not always sure how they will affect me. So the result of this is that I eat the same stuff at a lot of different places. :)

We started with the Crispy Crap Wontons. The others liked them better than I did, but I tried it! I liked it well enough, but it wasn't my favorite. The cream cheese covered the fishy taste of the crab.

Howard Wang's Crispy Crab Wontons

For dinner, I ordered the tamest dish on the menu - Chicken Fried Rice. It was very good! You get a generous portion, with lots of chicken and veggies. It was enough food for me to take leftovers home. The nice thing about eating the same stuff at every restaurant is that it's easy to compare. I would say that I preferred Howard Wang's fried rice to Coconut Thai's, although I liked both.


I will say that Howard Wang's was a nice change of pace for MoFF. This would be a fun place to go with a date or a small group.

Howard Wang's China Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment