Monday, February 25, 2013

Meso Maya

Meal of Food Friday was an intimate affair this week as only three people made it out to dinner. We went to Meso Maya in North Dallas to celebrate National Margarita Day.

Meso Maya is an upscale Mexican restaurant featuring authentic Mexican dishes and drinks. It was similar to last week's winner, Cantina Laredo. I'm fine with it becuase Mexican food is my favorite and there are usually some veggie friendly options for lent (two meat free Fridays down, four to go).

We started out with margaritas, chips and salsa, and the Queso Fundido which is peppers stuffed with cheeses and lightly fried. I'd give the sugar-free margarita a B, the chips an salsa an A and the Queso Fundido an A++!

meso maya skinny margarita
Good if a little bland - but that's a sugar free drink for you
meso maya queso fundido
May not look very attractive, but it was soooooo good! it came out boiling hot so if you order it on your next trip, watch out!
For dinner, I had the Budin Azteca De Verduras, which the waiter described as Mexican vegetable lasagna. It was layers of cheese and veggies between corn tortillas. It was fine, but much like last week, I wouldn't have ordered it if I hadn't been abstaining from meat for lent.

Meso Maya budin azteca de verduras
I probably wouldn't eat this again, but the great appetizer and salsa, fast service, and fun atmosphere more than made up for my average entree. My fellow MoFFers raved about their dishes, so I think overall, Meso Maya was a great success!

Meso Maya on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment