Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Urban Taco

Our July Fourth weekend was a lot of fun. We got to crash friend's pools all weekend, so I finally got some sun. But we still made it to Meal of Food Friday!

We ventured to Urban Taco in uptown. It's a cute little place with a nice patio. We started out with the salsa trio, and we choose the jalapeno avocado, avocado lime crema, and the roja. I don't eat spicy food, so I stayed away from the jalapeno, but both of the other salsas were great. They had both tortilla and potato chips, both of which were good.

photo credit: dinedsrg.com/ut/mckinney.html
 For dinner, I had the De Bistek quesadillas and Ryan tried the 3 taco special - 3 tacos for $10 is a deal! My quesadillas were really good. Ryan enjoyed his too.

Urban taco de bistek quesadilla
Delicious quesadillas - the dish that I measure all Mexican restaurants against.

Urban taco 3 taco dinner
Ryan's taco dinner.
The funny thing about Urban Taco was that the drinks cost more than the food. I'm not complaining, I just thought that it was funny. I was low on insulin, so I opted out of margaritas, but I hear from my fellow diners that they were great! Overall, we had a good time, and if we are down in the uptown area again, I would go back.

Urban Taco-Uptown on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment