Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Hopdoddy Burger Bar

We had our first "regular" MoFF in quite a while this week. No birthdays, out of town trips, or other special stuff. Hopdoddy Burger Bar located in Preston Center in Dallas won the vote. It is known for great burgers and handcrafted beer. Ryan and I had been hearing about how good it was and we were excited to see for ourselves.

When we went to Austin a few weeks ago, we saw the line for Hopdoddy wrapped around the building, so we decided to head to the restaurant early. It was a good thing because the line was already long at 6:30! We ordered drinks and waited in line to order for about 30 minutes. It really wasn't a bad wait - we socialized and tried a couple of different beers. Ryan was excited to get a 512 Pecan Porter. It's made in Austin and very few places in Dallas carry it. I had a Deep Elum Dallas blonde.

For dinner, I had the Classic Burger with cheese and bacon and Ryan had the Llano Poblano. We shared the truffle fries. I'm of the opinion that anything made with truffle oil is probably amazing.

Hopdoddy classic burger
The classic burger. You really can't go wrong with a bacon cheeseburger.

Hopdoddy truffle fries
My feelings on truffle oil was proved correct once again!
Hopdoddy was REALLY worth the wait! This is up there on my list of best burgers in town.  It honestly might be the winner. And the fries were really delicious too. The only I had that I'm not dreaming about was the Skinny Dip cocktail, which is a frozen margarita swirled with St. Arnold's Lawnmower beer. It sounded great - two of my favorite drinks in one glass. Sadly, Ryan and I split it and neither of us liked it much. I did have a taste of a friends margarita on the rocks and it was excellent. There was just something about the beergarita that didn't work.

I want to go back to Hopdoddy ASAP.  Just plan to get there early or you will have to wait.

Hopdoddy Burger Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment