Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Coconut Thai Grill

We branched out this past week for Meal of Food Friday and ventured to Coconut Thai Grill in Carrollton. I should preface the rest of this post by stating that I am not very adventurous when it comes to Asian cuisine. I am super sensitive to spicy food and I don't care for fish. That seems to limit my options at Asian resturants.

That being said, I really liked Coconut Thai! It's a bit hidden from the road and it doesn't look like much on the outside, but the inside was very cute. It's decorated with a coconut theme (makes sense right?) and it has a cozy feel.

photo credit: http://www.menuaid.com/About_Us.html
Coconut Thai offers a pretty large selection of food. I went the safe route and ordered the House Fried Rice with chicken. When the waitress asked what level of spiciness I wanted, I asked for level 0. It was tasty! The chicken had a lot of flavor, even with the super low spice level. I know it's not a very exciting order, but I liked it just fine.

My grandma teased my when I was a kid for only eating food that was white and bland looking (this dish was not bland, just to be clear). Guess not much has changed!
I washed dinner down with a Kirin Ichiban beer - sorry that the picture isn't so good. I should probably start taking pictures with a real camera instead of my phone!


Overall, this was a fun place. It was very casual, which I loved. As far as price goes, it seemed reasonable to be, with dishes costing $10-$12. I don't eat a whole lot of Thai food, so I'm not sure how that compares to other places in the area. It's about in line with our average MoFF location.

Anyone have suggestions for other Thai places in DFW? Share them with me!

Coconut Thai Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment