Monday, December 3, 2012

Smoke

I had to miss the last couple MealOfFoodFridays, so I was excited to get out and enjoy some good food this past week. The nominees were Capitol Grille or Smoke. Smoke had been nominated at least five times before and this week it finally won. When it was first suggested a while ago, I wasn't all that interested. It seemed pretty high price for BBQ. But I started to hear good things and it eventually got my interest. I'm glad that it finally won because it was pretty great!

Smoke is a upscale BBQ restaurant near downtown Dallas that uses local ingredients and unique recipes to create some pretty delicious dishes. I had the Texas BBQ Coffee Cured Beef Brisket with Bread/Butter Pickles & Mustard Seed Potato Salad. The brisket came both sliced and chopped, so you get the best of both worlds there. And the potato salad was really good - little different from your typical variety, but in a good way. Dinner came with a selection of 4 sauces - I stuck with the original, which I highly recommend.
Amazing
Ryan had the Dry Rubbed Pork Spare Ribs with Mac n Cheese & Pickled Green Beans. We shared a little bit and both dishes were pretty fantastic. The meat pretty much fell off the bone and had a nice smokey flavor. I wasn't so crazy about the pickled green beans, but the mac & cheese was GREAT. Like best I've ever had.
As Ryan pointed out, the mac&cheese didn't actually have macaroni noodles....I didn't notice. I was too focused on how amazing and cheesy it was.
Overall, we had another successful MoFF! If your looking for a slightly fancy dinner out with some great food, Smoke is a great choice!


Smoke on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment